PARROTS OF THE WORLD by Joseph M. Forshaw - Beautifully Illustrated by William T. Cooper - First Edition - Doubleday printing
Oversize Volume 15" tall x 11" x 2 1/2" thick 534 pages - All of the parrots of the world illustrated as of 1972
Parrot Illustrations are worth much more than I have priced this Definitive Parrot Book
- In 1972/73 Landsdowne and Doubleday printed the first edition of the incredible Parrots Of the World first editions written by Joseph M. Forshaw with sumptuous illustrations by William T. Cooper. A few years later this beautiful publication was ripped-off by TFH (Tropical Fish Hobbyist) and published a poor quality rip-off edition at a much lower price. If your copy has Amazon Parrots on it, it is the unethically printed rip-off TFH version and is worthless. The color plates are no where near the quality of the first edition. I met Joseph Forshaw at a parrot conference and he rightfully refused to sign the TFH books since he received nothing from that company that ripped it off.
- I have owned two copies of the first edition since it was new. Used copies of both the Landsdowne and Doubleday first edition publications can run anywhere from $250 to $500.
- Unfortunately some copies of the Doubleday version have come loose from the spine. This is true of the copy that I have. Other than that the cover and pages are in excellent condition with no loose pages or rips or tears. The pages are all still together. I talked to a man who had purchased one in this condition and had bindery re-glue it for about $30 and it looks like new. So I am offering this volume which is in very good condition except for the spine and pages needing re-gluing.
Shipping from United States
3-5 business days
Customs and import taxes
Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. I'm not responsible for delays due to customs.
Returns & Exchanges
I don't accept returns, exchanges, or cancellations
But please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
I will only use your shipping and billing address, and contact information
- To communicate with you about your order
- To fulfill your order
- For legal reasons (like paying taxes)