Written and Illustrated by Internationally-known Parrot Expert Sally Blanchard
Sally Blanchard's Companion Parrot Vocalizations: Dealing with Excessive and Manipulative Screaming with an article on Teaching Parrots to Talk
Sally Blanchard´s parrot illustrations throughout the book.
- easy to prevent - hard to solve,
- screaming as communication,
- different noise tolerance in different people,
- creating new vocal patterns with distractions,
- anticipation of need,
- emotional security,
- understanding contact calls,
- greetings and farewells,
- unacceptable screaming vs acceptable screaming,
- talking and intelligence in parrots,
- verbal and social interactions,
- teaching responsive learning, and much more.